When “The End” is brought up in conversation most people think of a science fiction novel or movie portraying it as some Earth shattering event – boom and it is over. The almost certain truth behind this is that it will not be the Earth, the Sun, or solar system that gets it. The real end will more than likely come with human civilization as we know it coming to an abrupt closure. What you as a person are in danger of is very likely not a mass extinction of all of human life, but the crumbling and complete fall of the structures and foundation that holds up all that most every human being depends on for survival.
There is an old saying that ‘no man is an island.’ It indeed takes a rare, almost unique person who can boast that they are free of dependency of the components of modern day life to make it alone. If and when human society collapses, someone’s chances of post-True SHTF (TSHTF) survival will be partially in proportion to just how self-reliant they can become. The other ratio will be just how well someone can adapt to a new world void of the conveniences which have become totally expected by the masses.
Many will say to themselves, “here we go again with another doomsday prophesy that will again fail to manifest itself.”
Also read: Be Careful Who You Sleep With: WHEN IT COMES TO PREPPING NEVER TRUST ANYONE
So what makes this warning any different than those of the past? This is NOT some forewarning of any imminent mega society ending event(s) such as World War 3, an economic collapse, super virus outbreak, colossal solar flare, supervolcano erupting, or some other equally awful horror. This is about understanding what you are doing as a person, a parent, a son or daughter, a friend. If you awoke one morning and learned that a catastrophic event had broken loose, how well prepared (or how totally unprepared) are you?
Anyone doubting just how terrible life can need only experience longer term (more than 3 days) power outages at any time of year, but especially during temperature and weather extremes. These losses of power happen all the time, EVERYWHERE. Being brutally honest, can anyone say to themselves that that life without power for weeks or months or longer will be anything less than awful for the general population? This is a mere taste of what an implosion would be like. The frailness of the infrastructure of any country is incredible. Few understand or care to think about this, because the prevailing attitude for most is, “it will always be there for me and work for me.”
Again, this is not to convince anyone of a specific event such as a widespread cyber attack that destroys the electric grid or a wide variety of natural disasters that can and do sometimes flatten what someone depends on working to live. The internet is full of disaster scenarios and even some probabilities of occurrences. The vulnerability to any place on the planet is there, as recent hurricanes have proven all too well. It is about how awful life-threatening events, a whole host of too many to mention, that ends your modern day life as you know it. This does not mean it has to end your life and your family’s lives though.
When people think of losing modern day conveniences they think of losing their cell phones, their access to games and other entertainment, mobile devices; in other words, FUN devices. The list of just how much will be lost that modern humans have become totally reliant on to live is absolutely staggering. With a civilization collapse, you can expect much to be lost immediately, then gradually over the next few hours to days that list will continue growing and expanding to frightening levels.
Low-Cost Root Cellar/Bunker
This guy did something very sharp and inventive: His cellar had all the benefits of our great-grandparents’ root cellars, the American Army war bunkers, and the secret Viet Cong building method with none of their drawbacks. Watch the video and learn more!
The following list exemplifies just how much a person has to lose if they have failed to prepare themselves for emergencies. After a large enough catastrophe, the recovery time frame can be a very long-term, or potentially never for certain critical needs.
1. No clean water coming out of the faucets to drink.
2. No hot or cold water to shower, bathe with or wash your hands.
3. No washing machines or dishwashers to clean your clothes or dirty dishes.
4. No flushing toilets.
5. No heat or air conditioning, not even fans.
6. No light at night.
7. No grocery stores or home-delivered food, no restaurants, no food period.
8. No trash pick up of waste that will mound up and collect strong diseases.
9. No medications, especially antibiotics, or simply over the counter remedies either.
10. No vitamin or mineral supplements to help keep your body from breaking down.
11. No 911 help service at all.
12. No mechanical transportation with any fuel to run anything.
13. No protection, no law enforcement.
14. No communications; no internet, no TV, no radio, no clue what is going on.
15. No phones, no way of talking to people miles away, cut off and blind.
16. No refrigeration, no freezers, no food preservation from going bad quickly.
17. No stoves or microwaves to cook food.
18. No easy prepare meals.
19. No toilet paper, and no good alternative to toilet paper to those unaware.
20. No feminine toiletries.
Also read: When Surrounded By Death, Destruction And The Loss Of Almost Everything You Held Dear, How Will You Cope – Especially If The Crisis Drags On For Months, Or Even Years?
21. No pest control against animals and insects that are very hazardous to your health.
22. No utilities; no gas, no electricity, no way to make anything function in your home.
23. No advanced warning of weather, war, or other life-threatening events.
24. No odor control from rotting wastes and rotting corpses that stink too bad to mention.
25. No healthy food to maintain proper nutrition, leading to sickness and weakness.
26. No proper basic hygiene and bacteria control on the body, especially the teeth.
27. No repair of tooth cavities or other life-threatening oral problems.
28. No pain control, no aspirin, no way to ease pain like from a bad tooth.
29. No basic first aid to treat minor injuries that will become major.
30. No replacements for worn-out clothes, shoes, socks, underwear.
Similar to Morphine: The Best Natural Painkiller that Grows in Your Backyard
Wild Lettuce is also Known as Opium Lettuce. For a good reason. While it doesn’t contain any opiates, it has similar side effects when used – it acts directly on the central nervous system (CNS) to lessen the feeling of pain, just like morphine. Watch this video and learn a quick recipe (wild lettuce extract) for the best natural painkiller. Over 23 million Patriots have already seen It. Giving you a quick, easy way to make your own life-saving painkiller, ready for when you need it. Click Here To Discover More.
31. No replacement parts to fix something that is broken.
32. No soap or disinfectants.
33. No outdoor protection from the elements such as sunburns.
34. No safety net that society provides. No welfare, no assistance, no government food.
35. No sexual protection from the wide array of deadly diseases that are transmittable.
36. No treatment for the sick and dying.
37. No modern power tools to repair all that will be broken, no workable anything.
38. No way of cleaning up messes that range from irritating to hazardous.
39. No care, no help, no chance for medical needs of infants and children.
40. No protection against rabies.
41. No means of easing chronic depression that will be very widespread and intense.
42. No outlets of entertainment to distract people from the overwhelming despair and fear.
43. No familiar and basic everyday needs that give comfort and security to most people.
44. No way of getting to family and friends because of distance, or too dangerous to even try.
45. No respectable way of laying to rest someone dear to you.
46. No way of protecting yourself and family from roaming gangs without enough firepower.
47. No workable answers from rudimentary to complex problems that will present themselves often.
48. No calling up your local professional help to repair something essential to you.
49. No feeling of being civilized as losing everything and becoming dirty and unkempt does this to anyone.
50. No way out without having prepared for such an enormous downfall of society.
The need for society and human civilization to remain as close to “normal” and fully functioning cannot be overemphasized as it relates to the life and death of nearly 100% of our population if these systems cease to operate. The more modern a country is, the farther the fall will be to the bottom when the infrastructure fails to SUPPORT the people. The above 50 losses paint a very bleak picture and show the likelihood of a mass die-off as almost certain with the breakdown of the foundation that keeps the masses upright. This doesn’t have to occur to anyone willing to just say no to this addiction of letting society mollycoddle everyone into helpless baby birds unable to live without constant feedings.
To prevent the obvious helplessness of anyone and to strengthen the resolve and readiness of those who choose to prepare, one must start right now and continue to ready themselves for the day when human civilization will either partially cave in or fully disintegrate into dust.
So what is the answer to someone that wants to survive an end to modern human civilization?
First and foremost someone must be willing to do what is necessary and have the conviction to stick to the need for survival. Each survival situation is vastly different – city vs. country life, arid vs. humid areas, frigid vs. hot climates, etc., etc. In other words, no survival plan fits all. Our efforts should be focused on having the tools, supplies, and skills to cope with a mega, or even lighter weight, disaster.
The best course of action is to be willing to spend the time and effort to learn what survival plan is right for you.
This is where the internet comes in. While you still have access to it, utilize it. SurvivalDan101.com has many excellent ideas and plans in the archives on survival. Other sites all over the internet and many excellent books on the subject are everywhere.
It is the commitment to go that extra mile to obtain this information that is best for you as the individual. Then you as a person, part of a family, whatever, must do what is suggested and best for you with this wealth of information available to you before anything happens and all is lost. You and your family have to want to NOT be stuck in the sinking of the tar that society will become someday. Say to yourself that ‘I won’t accept being the individuals that have nothing’ and that ‘I will act on my desire and need to survive and won’t delay one moment.’
Even seasoned preppers and survivalists can ALWAYS learn that much more and should not procrastinate obtaining that special need that still eludes them.
Today not tomorrow, because time could be running out faster than anyone realizes.
3 Superfoods That Cost Almost Nothing To Make And Will Keep You And Your Family Well Fed No Matter What Happens.
One was praised as the great depression “food miracle”. The people that knew about it banished hunger for good…while the rest where starving and tightening their belts! Not only that you will learn the exact process of making it the right way, but you’ll use it to preserve meat in it and create one of the most finger-licking, mouth-watering tastiest foods you’ll ever eat. And the best part? It lasts up to two whole years without refrigeration.
The other food was also long-lasting. Invented by one of the most vicious samurais in history, it was born out of war and necessity. So don’t expect a gourmet meal here – but do expect this “samurai superfood” to be so nutrient rich and probiotic-packed that you and your entire family won’t need anything else for months on end.
With these 3 superfoods alone, you’ll probably have a complete stockpile in your group and you’ll never need to depend on anyone else in times of crisis. Watch the video below and learn more.
This article has been shared with us by long-time contributor Be Informed. It is a continuation of efforts to alert and inform Americans of the real possibility of a sustained collapse of the world as we have come to know it.